Ocean Dive Centre use the facilities on offer at Sheraton Hotel & Resort, Corniche Road Abu Dhabi to do the Confined Open Water section of their course
For the Open Water sessions there are many options, including lots of dive sites of the coast of Abu Dhabi, the east coast of UAE or on a Dhow Cruise up to the coast of OMAN.
To see a full breakdown of the courses on offer, click one of the buttons below
Learning to Dive
OCEAN DIVE CENTER is recognized in the UAE and abroad as providing superb diving education at all levels. OCEAN DIVE CENTER entry level courses are not only the most thorough and safety conscious courses available, but are also a lot of fun and an enjoyable experience for everyone! We pride ourselves on the fact that all our students come back for more!
OCEAN DIVE CENTER is a PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Dive Resort. This accolade reflects not only our quality but also the time and energy we inject into making your learning experiences as complete and enjoyable as they can possibly be.
Your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves. No previous freediving course is required.
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch™ (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in a language you understand).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet.
Discover Scuba Diving
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. Ocean Dive Center offer this program either in a pool, off a beach or from a dive boat. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
PADI- Scuba Diver
As a qualified Scuba Diver you can make dives with an Instructor or Divemaster to a depth of 12m. It is a full diving qualification and is ideal for the holiday diver or those with limited time to complete their Open Water qualification. If time allows, you can upgrade your certification to the PADI Open Water Diver.
The Course consists knowledge development, confined water, and 2 open water dives as per course requirements, gear hire, air fills, pool/site entry fees and PADI certification.
The duration is 2-3 days.
Prerequisites: At least 10 years old
PADI Open Water Diver
The most sought-after diving qualification in the world! Will allow you to dive with another qualified diver practically anywhere in the world. This is the course in which all the fundamental skills of diving are taught so it is best that it is as thorough as possible!
We can also incorporate an Enriched Air dive and a Digital Underwater Photography dive into this course. These can then count towards their respective Speciality diver courses, an ideal way of starting your path towards Master Scuba Diver!
The Course consists knowledge development, confined water, and 4 open water dives as per course requirements, gear hire, air fills, pool/site entry fees and PADI certification.
Course duration is 4-5 days.
Prerequisites: At least 10 years old
For the Open Water Diver course e-learning, click this link.
Referrals and Upgrades
With the PADI system, you can complete training in various locations, to suit time constraints or preference. We offer the option of completing whichever part(s) of the above courses that you require. You can also upgrade from Scuba Diver to Open Water.
We can also offer the option of completing the knowledge development and confined water dives here, and complete the open water dives at another location or PADI dive center.
PADI Adventure Diver
Adventure Diver–Simple! Pick any 3 Adventure Dives (excluding Deep). Complete the Knowledge Review for each dive, do the dive with one of the instructors and after three dives-become a PADI Adventure Diver!
Course price includes personal Adventures in Diving crewpack, knowledge development sessions, 3 Adventure Dives, use of all necessary gear, air fills, dive site entry fees and PADI certification.
Advanced Open Water
Most Open Water divers chose this course to further their education and build some supervised experience. Consists of 5 Adventure Dives, of which one must be a Navigation Dive and one a Deep Dive. Unlike some schools, we do the Deep dive at a site where we can reach a reasonable depth-vital if the course is to be worth doing! While we are at our deep site, we tend to do an extra dive for experience as well-this is included in the price!
Course price includes personal Adventures in Diving crewpack, knowledge development sessions, 5 Adventure Dives, use of all necessary gear, air fills, dive site entry fees and PADI certification.
We also offer the opportunity to complete Adventure Dives on a dive- by-dive basis.
For the Advanced Open Water Diver course e-learning, click this link.
Haven’t been diving lately and want a quick scuba refresher? The ReActivate program is the perfect way to update your dive skills and knowledge from the PADI Open Water Diver Course before jumping back into the water. Click this link to start your ReActivate. Whether you want a few reminders or need to go over the basics, ReActivate is personalized for you: You conveniently review scuba concepts on your tablet, mobile device or computer, then go diving with a PADI Professional. It’s quick and easy, and a good way to prepare for your next PADI course or get ready for a diving vacation. The best part is divers who complete both the knowledge and in-water skill refresher receive a replacement certification card with a ReActivated date on it.
Any PADI certified diver who wants a refresher or pre-travel update should ReActivate. Dive shops appreciate seeing a recent ReActivate date on your certification card because it means you’re ready to dive in.
Rescue and First Aid Courses “control, care & confidence”
PADI Rescue Diver
One of our most popular courses. Usually, run over 3 days, Rescue Diver will give you the knowledge, skills and most importantly confidence necessary to become a truly independent diver. It consists of 5 knowledge development sessions, 10 Rescue training exercises, and 4 open water scenarios. Uniquely, it does not involve much time underwater-rescues normally occur at the surface!
We are fortunate in that the majority of the skill development is done in Open Water, rather than a pool. This gives more time to master the skills in a “real-world” environment. If you have any doubts as to how good our course asks any of those that have done it!
Course price includes personal Rescue Diver crewpak, knowledge development sessions, all open water scenario sessions (where appropriate), use of all necessary gear, air fills, dive site entry fees and PADI certification. We incorporate the DAN 02 for Diving Accidents into all our Rescue programs and offer package prices if EFR First Aid programs are included as well.
For the Rescue Diver course e-learning, click this link.
Emergency First Response Full course
We are proud to offer this course as an ideal First Aid qualification to match up with our Rescue Course above, but also as an excellent First Aid program for work or interest. The world would be a safer place if everyone had to complete this course! We tend to teach the primary and secondary courses and make use of our AED trainer so that the course is as complete as possible.
Usually, run over one day. The course meets the requirements for an HSE Appointed Person in the Workplace. Retraining is required every two years once the course is completed with us, we do this for Free Course price includes EFR student manual, bandage kit, all training and EFR certification fees. Please call/mail for prices.
Emergency First Response Care for Children Course
A unique pediatric First Aid program suitable for anyone who deals with children, or children themselves!
Can be run as a stand-alone program or integrated into the Primary and Secondary courses as above, Course price includes EFR Care for Children student manual, all training and EFR certification fees. The course available as a standalone program or integrated into Primary/Secondary Care courses
These are a great way of improving your skills, and study various topics in diving in more depth. Within the PADI system, they represent the way to obtain specific skills and abilities as well as gain supervised experience and have a great time.
- Digital Underwater Photographer- an excellent introduction to using a digital camera to bring home memories. Two dives taking pictures and some hands-on experience using editing software.
- Dry Suit Diver- for those who have trained in warmer climes! Staying warm is about equipment and technique-not water temperature! Learn how!
- Enriched Air Diver–our most popular course why use air when there are better alternatives? Simple theory, non-diving course. Crewpack includes EANx Tables.
- Underwater Navigator—another skill most people tend to struggle with. This course will demystify bearings, reciprocals and kick cycles! Very popular!
- Search and Recovery Diver— 4 dives covering search patterns, rigging and lifting objects. Manual and DVD covers theory.
- Drift Diver- techniques to turn current to our advantage. The lazy way to dive!
- Boat Diver – most diving involves them!
- Multilevel (computer) Diver—learn how to use computers and the Wheel correctly, and understand more about diving theory. Includes personal wheel
- Night Diver– 3 dives in the dark!
- Peak Performance Buoyancy—the most important skill you can master.
- Underwater Naturalist-learn about the environment and the ecosystem you dive in.
- AWARE Fish ID- makes fish spotting more fun!
- Underwater Photographer-bring back pictures!
- Underwater Videographer– bring back moving pictures!
- Wreck Diver- includes limited wreck penetration skills.
- Deep Diver- understand more about planning and executing deeper dives. Extends recommended depth limits to 40m.
- Project AWARE—non-diving specialty about our precious marine resources.
- AWARE Coral Reef Conservation-as above, but specific to Coral reef areas.
- Equipment Specialist-learn how it works, and how to look after it!
- Self Reliant Diver-A specialist course for divers who find that they need to be able to dive independently, or without a buddy.